Top Affordable Brands of Washing Machine in the Philippines
Washing machines are one of the most valuable home appliances households have. It is one’s saving grace for housewives. As the demand for clean clothes and the unpredictable weather has gone to serious levels, the need for this kind of home appliance is also increasing. However, with so many brands and models, the task of choosing the right washing machine is quite confusing.
How to Choose the Right Washing Machine
Before you go on a window shopping spree, you need to consider several factors in order to choose the right product for your needs.
- Consider the size of your family; this will determine the capacity of the washing machine. Thus, you have 4.5kg up to 12 kg models in the market.
- Consider other work load. Are you too busy to attend exclusively to washing? Thus, you have manual washer type only, twin tub manual (washer and spin dryer), and fully automatic washing machines to spend less time on monitoring the machine.
- Ask around for reliable brands and models. Whirlpool for example is known to be expensive but is tried and tested when it comes to washing machines. Your friends might have other brands in mind which are just right for your pockets.
All of the above will determine how much you are willing to pay for a washing machine.
Popular Brands and Models
There are three kinds of washing machines in the market; manual washer type, the twin tub, and the fully auto.
- Manual Washer Type
- At 6kg capacity, the cheapest model is Camel SPK60 at approximately P3000, followed by Hyundai HWM065 at roughly P3200, and Union UGWM62 at P3450.
- At 7kg capacity, Camel WMSTK72 leads in terms of affordability at P3300 followed by Hyundai HWM701S at P3900, and Fujidenso HWS780 at P3890.
- At 8kg capacity of more, the choices are varied and the prices are somewhat close to each other. For example, Fujidenso CWS980 has 9.8kg at P4800, Union UGWM90 has P4700 at 9kg, and Eurotek EWM85B has 9kg single tub at P5200.
- Twin Tub Category (Washer and Spin Dryer)
- Fujidenso JWA601 and American Home AHW60TP have less than P5000 models at 6kg capacity.
- Panasonic NA606B, Whirlpool WWT605X, and Eurotek ETW608 have available models of the same capacity at a little over P6000.
- At 7kg capacity, Fujidenso JWT701 is the cheapest at P5800, followed by Eurotek ETW701 at P7645 then, Whirlpool at P7900.
- At more than 8kg, in this category, AMSTAR TWN809 is the most affordable at less than P7700, and then you have Hyundai HWM820 at P 7900. At 9 kg, Whirlpool HWT1180 has the most rational price at P8500.
- Fully Automatic Washing Machine
- The most pocket friendly is Hyundai HFAW6000 at P10500 with 6kg capacity.
- At 7kg capacity, Samsung surprisingly has the least expensive model WA90W9 at P14000.
- In the 8kg capacity, Hyundai HFAW8000 is the most affordable at P12900. Best priced deal is Whirlpool WWA880, a top load fully automatic model at 8.8kg for only P18900.
Note that all prices are subject to changes and were cited in this article to give you a clearer idea on the price ranges of different washing machines in the market. As an electronic consumer, you have to bear in mind that you need to determine if the brand you choose have authorized service centers near you so you can easily consult technicians when something goes wrong with the unit within the warranty period.