What is There to Like or Not Like about the HP Deskjet 1050?
HP printers are one of the most popular digital printing machines worldwide. Most HP’s printers offering several advantages such as availability of ink cartridges, parts replacement is easy, and service concerns can be addressed anywhere. This brand is also famous for selling inexpensive printers and offers several models to accommodate different printing requirements or specifications and of course budget. One of the affordable printers the company has produced is the HP Deskjet 1050.
The HP Deskjet 1050 is a scanner, copier, and printer rolled into one for a price of less than $60.00 or $30.00. Given this price, one expects simple and conventional design that is easy to operate with no complicated button and hassle free printing and scanning activity. It has four buttons on the right side of the body for turning the printer on or off, cancelling printing activity, black and white printing, and for coloured printing. There is a paper tray at the front and a print job holder at the back. It has a USB connecter which is the only way to connect it with your computer or laptop although it also works wirelessly.
What is There to Like
There are so many things that you will like with this printer:
- It is compatible with Windows 7.
- It can print up to 1000 pages on basic printing requirements; low color, low image, and high text documents.
- In terms of printing and copying speed, it operates at 16 pages per minute (ppm) for black and white and 12 ppm for colored printing.
- It can support photopaper.
- It can accommodate the maximum paper size of A4.
What is There to Like Not About it
Because of its simplicity and compact design, some functions are quite problematic.
- It is quite tricky when there is a need to replace the cartridge as the cartridge compartment is situated a little bit further and needs trial and error when you insert the new one.
- Because of its density, paper jams are very frequent occurrences where it leads to printing error blinks which can take longer time to correct. Paper jams can at leat be avoided when you load a few papers on the tray.
- Each time you replace the cartridge, the software will issue a command prompt to check alignment or test print. This is time consuming because when you press cancel, the same command prompt will appear every time you print.
As an inexpensive computer accessory, it is already a bargain when you consider that it is a 3-in-1 scanner/copier/printer product. The printing output is also satisfactory. So all in all, the HP Deskjet 1050 is ideal for personal printing requirements and as a backup printer.