Siri Like Application For Android – Iris App

Download-Iris-Android-app98

Android has just launched a new app in competition to the Apple SIRI feature. The name of the Android application is iris app, reverse of SIRI. The developers at Android developed this app just after 8 hours of launch of the iPhone 4s. Android has always given a tough competition to Apple. This app is now available for everyone on the Android market.

iris app

At first no one thought that it could perform like SIRI but the iris app has really amazed it’s users with it’s features. This app is still in the alpha stage and will be updated regularly as SIRI gets updated too. Though it does not completely have all the features of the SIRI app, it’s still quite impressive. If you ask IRIS “WHO ARE YOU?,” it will answer ” I was created by Dextera, a young fledgling technology company based in India.”  Not only can it make phone calls and many other tasks that SIRI performs.

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE

SCREENSHOTS:

B006O9115E             iris app       iris app

About Steve Robbins:
Steve Robbins is a self professed geek loves all Tech. He was the former chief writer and editor for TechBugs.

If you like the articles on Techbugs, please subscribe to our RSS Feed to be updated with new posts. Interested to write for us? Please contact us using this form.You can also catch us on Facebook.

11 Responses to Siri Like Application For Android – Iris App

1. Aman Arora says:

I installed it on my phone and its really awesome, awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome 😀

2. HomeBiss says:

Too bad it came right after Siri on iPhone 4S. Right now it sounds too much like Android is following Siri’s footsteps, isn’t it?

3. Phanindra says:

Even I have felt the same. Hopw they could have designed it in the form of Virtual Assistant 🙂

4. Bill says:

I can’t speak English that good and the voice recognition software is kinda stupid. I tried to say the word today 50 times, but it understands d or p every time.

Maybe in the future, it will get better, but for now it’s useless to me.

5. This Apps really works wonder for me. I never use such voice directed apps however this really is something different and special for us.

6. Great you tried it !! . yeah it is not officially launched so we might see some improvement . Over all it is good i think .

7. shenoyjoseph says:

iris is not much good but we must proud the developer for developing the app with in 8 hours and i wish him to improve this app to work like real apple siri voice recognizance.

8. icechen1 says:

It looks great! Siri’s got competition now!

9. There are many apps available in the Android market….but I found Iris and Vlingo very useful as compared to others…