Akash Tablet World’s Cheapest WiFi Tablet

akash-tablet-1ff

World’s cheapest WiFi tablet has been released and you will be quite shocked to know that it has been priced at Rs2,999. Yes I am not kidding! It’s true, this tablet has been launched for students mainly as announced by Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal. The government says that it is going to purchase these tablets from a British Company at 2250/tab and will  give these tabs to students at much reasonable prices.

cheapest WiFi tablet

Specs:

Operating System: Android 2.2 (Froyo)

Display: 7 inch Touch screen

Ram: 256 mb

Memory:

• 2 GB Internal
  • 32 GB expandable memory

Processor: 800 mgh Cortex A-8 processor with HD processing

Camera:Built in camera

Connectivity:

• Wi-Fi
  • USB port
  • Data card connectivity for 3G services

Though the specs are not impressive but the price that has  been set for this tablet is appropriate. I don’t think that there can be any other cheaper tablet out there than this one. This tab is going to hit Indian market in November.

Do let me know about your thoughts on this cheapest WiFi tablet.

About Steve Robbins:
Steve Robbins is a self professed geek loves all Tech. He was the former chief writer and editor for TechBugs.

If you like the articles on Techbugs, please subscribe to our RSS Feed to be updated with new posts. Interested to write for us? Please contact us using this form.You can also catch us on Facebook.

18 Responses to Akash Tablet World’s Cheapest WiFi Tablet

1. Aman Arora says:

Where can we buy it from?

2. Thomas says:

I’m all about it. Tablets and smartphones are the future. Handheld, mostly-screen devices with full internet capability, cloud options, PC abilities… The options are unlimited, ESPECIALLY through the use of these devices combined with applications.

Look what you can do now with an iPhone or iPad – open your garage door, unlock your car, the list goes on and on.

3. ashish says:

that’s nice……….

4. Karan says:

DO you think it can match up with the world competitors, yeah the price tag is low but I think a person who’d buy a tablet is more into features than the price factor!

• Abhishek says:

Yeah you are right on your point,but these tabs are basically made for students.So,i think they will like it 🙂

5. very cheap. how do i order one? Can i do it online? by the way, do you happen to know how responsive the screen is and is multi-touch available?

• Abhishek says:

It will be available in November.I am not sure that it will be available online,govt personal have not disclosed this yet.and yes it has a resistive multitouch screen

6. Ashish says:

wow, its really cheap, but battery backup is really low and performance is also not acceptable.. but still nice move by govt..

7. Thanks For Info I Will When Available in Market 🙂

8. kids gifts says:

Can i save webpage on a pc and transfer the file to Akash and read it? I heard that Akash student version has just 3 hour battery backup. What about the commercial version? Same?

9. Akhil Bansal says:

I think i will have a tab very soon….

10. Aakash Gupta says:

waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting to see in my hands 😀 😀

11. it can match up with the world competitors, yeah the price tag is low but I think a person who’d buy a tablet is more into features than the price factor!

12. Oh god you are so lucky that you can buy this for me its a dream.